Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chaos...and I seem to thrive with it!

Tuesday, after 3 days of canceled flights, my husband's uncle arrived with his wife and child (2years). They are staying indefinitely, as long as Zvulon's dialysis goes smoothly. For now, they are staying with us...and 2 families in our large house still feels a bit cramped. Also, lots of conflict between Maya and Anael....but we love them dearly, and I am enjoying every moment of it...even if it feels like my head is about to explode most of the time.
Maya has been having a hard time sharing with Anael...which is strange since usually she is really good about that...so I had a talk with her, and asked her to please think of Anael as her sister, and to treat him as kindly and generously as she treat Noah...so she thought about it for a moment, and said "Ok, Mommy. When is my sister going home?" She never ceases to amaze me with her spunkiness and creativity!

So...we've been adjusting to a combined household for the last week, and I totally forgot that I was throwing a party tonight for the Oscars...luckily, I asked all of the guests to bring an appetizer to share, so Estelle (who is a great cook) and I will just prepare a little bit of food...I think she's doing some sweet and savory tarts, and I am doing carmel and spiced popcorn, in keeping with the whole movie/ Oscars theme.

And the excitement doesn't end tonight... tomorrow I'm hosting a meet up for attachment parents...we used to have meetings, but attendance dropped off and the meetings stopped, but there has been demand lately, so I decided to have one and see how it went...and then 25 baby chicks are coming on Tuesday! I think I have homes for 10 of them, and we will raise 15...10 for eating and 5 to add to the flock...While I make party food now, Haim is off to construct the brooder!

No comments: