Monday, February 22, 2010

Multicultural potluck party

We have a lot of friends in Miami, and I am one of the few American-born (except for the kids) in the group....so I thought it would be fun to have a multicultural potluck.
Yesterday afternoon we had 7 families over. The countries represented were Barbados, England, Germany, Holland, Israel, Jamaica, Malaysia, Nicaragua, Peru, Spain, and Syria. Some of the yummy things we ate were a curry sausage, calabasa and beans with rice, lamb and green beans in spicy tomato sauce, pumpkin and pea soup, sausage beans and rice, lamb and eggplant tagine, and tortilla of potatoes. It was really yummy and fun, and most importantly we all enjoyed the giggles of the kids running around the back yard all evening!


Other excitement for the day consisted of Haim and I catching our 3 roosters (leaving us with 8 chickens) to send them to an acquaintance who will be teaching me how to "process" them tomorrow. I'm leaving Maya with my mom...I briefly considered bringing her, since it is important for me that she understand where her food comes from...on the other hand, probably too gruesome for a 3 year old....so I'm going to process with Noah, who will hopefully sleep through the grizzly bits. I'll be posting a pic of the rooster dinner later.

No comments: